Video Streaming Page

Get this gadget at facebook popup like box

Pages

Home » » I Married At 21 To Ward-Off Women - Steven Keshi, Tells His Love Story!

I Married At 21 To Ward-Off Women - Steven Keshi, Tells His Love Story!

Did you know the 52 year old coach of the Super Eagles has been married for over 30 years? I guess not. . . Well here's an old interview he did some time ago where he discusses his family life and says meeting his wifey was love at first sight! Find excerpts below;
¤Concerning Women
>Fortunately for me, I got married at the age of 21 in 1983 when my wife was 20 years old. Then I was just being made the captain of the team, I believe that limited my dating different girls. And because of the decision I took of marrying early, I lost some of my friends. They were not happy with my decision but it didn't bother me because it was what I wanted. Though as a footballer you have many admirers, for me, that is all it is.
¤Concerning his decision to marry @ 21
>My decision to marry at a very tender age was influenced by a coach in the then New Nigerian Bank Football Club, who told me that I could be a better player, if I could get a wife or somebody I could hook up with or else I would get carried away by the way girls flocked around me.
He said I would not last long in my football career if I continued with girls around me all the time. I thought it wise and I took to his words and since then, it has been wonderful with my wife, though tough. But marrying somebody you truly love, is a good thing, really she is truly a God-sent to me. So far the marriage has fetched us five children, two boys and three girls.
¤On Meeting his wife
>Yes, it was love at first sight. My wife and I didn't date for long, before we got married. When I saw her, I knew she was my wife. I told her that she was my girl and I wanted to marry her, she was so surprised but later accepted, then we fell seriously in love and we still are till today. In fact, she is more like a sister to me now and has been the rock behind me and everything I do.
¤How he Copes with Coaching the Super Eagles without his family who are in the USA
>It is tough but my wife and I talk everyday. I just got back from the States two weeks ago. But we have never been apart before expect when Nigeria called me in 2009 to assist Bonferer Jo, that was when I started going outside without my family.
¤On his social life
>I don't go clubbing, I did that when I was a footballer, but if I'm in Nigeria I like watching African movies. When I'm in the USA I watch foreign movies, but I like reading a lot, especially inspirational books that reflects on our day to day life
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2011. Online News - All Rights Reserved
Designed by Allweda Technologies Ltd
Proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Widgets